Python embedded software tester/engineer
Permanent – Flanders area – hybrid role
You join our team of 40+ software engineers (OSS, Linux, embedded techn.) as an an employee and we expect you to work on a customer assignment in terms of designing, implementing and debugging software for embedded systems.
Projects typically include some of the following:
- be part of our customer’s agile/scrum team and test new software features/automate test cases (at embedded system level)
- Porting LINUX to new platforms based on typical embedded processors (ARM, MIPS, x86, etc…).
- Configuring networking protocol stacks, optimizing data throughput, securing access, etc…
- Debugging complex real-time issues, Implementing remote upgrade mechanisms, etc…
- Making system level architecture studies (SW architecture definition, choice of OS, HW/SW trade-offs, etc…).
- Setting-up multimedia frameworks, optimizing audio/video performance, etc…
Projects will be performed both at our customers in the Flanders (east & west-FL.) or from home. You will be assigned to different project over the year and the context can change regularly. Hence, flexibility and adaptability are key!
Knowledge and experience
We are currently looking to enhance the Python skillset in our team for both software testing and and development work. You will be coached by one of our senior consultant so that you have a sounding board. Moreover you will also be able to count on our internal OSS-community to grow professionally…
For one of our new customer projects, the knowledge and professional experience required, includes:
- 2-3 years work expertise in embedded environments (software dev. context)
- 2-3 years work experience in Python
- He/she is used to work in agile teams and to influence/motivate the other team members to write component tests
- Ideal candidate helps to define what tests need to be automated on component and/or system level.
- Theoretical understanding of the Linux kernel, compilation and debugging techniques and related tool chains (asset)
- Experience in running SW (or Linux) on various embedded processors is a plus.
- Good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus!
Other important elements next to pure technical experience are a true passion for Open-Source Software, willingness to learn, be open and flexible, be a team player and be service minded to our customers. Of course you have a driving license to work at our customer location (“from Ghent to Ostend”).
What we offer you
Depending on the level of seniority, the knowledge and experience required, includes:
- Fun: interesting projects, focus on Linux and Open Source, real team-spirit, growing young company, …
- Learning: you will work on high-tech projects with one of the most experienced Embedded Linux teams available.
- International team: you’ll join a multi-cultural team with 8+ nationalities !
- Benefits package: good salary package incl. extra legal benefits package, etc…