prpl OSS software engineer / freelance or employee
freelance or Permanent Job – Leuven area – Hybrid (in office & field sales)
We are looking for different embedded software engineers to work with our various prpl Foundation customers (typically networking equipment vendors)
- You will typically join our client’s team to work on embedded software components on devices (routers, set-top-boxes, etc.)
- Job location: Leuven area (Belgium) for some of our projects (2-3d), the rest is remote..
- Start date: to be discussed
- Contract: freelance or permanent (we have both options…)
You will integrate in an international environment with challenging software architectures in the networking segment.
Mind is a division of Essensium nv. The firm is consisting of 2 autonomous divisions: EPS with focus on the Logistics segment (Essensium Positioning Solution for forklift safety) and MIND (project staffing & consulting in the open-source and embedded segment).
- Software development – Embedded technology (incl prpl Foundation software):
- You will join one of our clients team to work on developing and enhancing their embedded software components (incl Open-source software, linux, prpl foundation, etc.)
- you will typically work on networking gear and networking devices (routers, set-top-boxes, etc.)
- Ensuring the software quality and building state-of-the-are software is in your DNA.
- Recruitment – Talent Management:
- Moreover, you are resp. for hiring new resources in close collaboration with our international recruiter. Assessment of talent in line with some of your possible assignments is what drives you… You are a matchmaker in that perspective!
- You’ll interview candidates to understand their OSS and embedded profiles in order to find their next interesting project in OSS community or embedded engineering segment.
- You’ll coach our consultants (employee or freelance) to prep them for a next customer interview and follow through on the hiring process.
- Project follow-up & quality assurance:
- You’ll be accountable for monitoring our Mind consultants through their project and ensure they deliver in a qualitative way on their objectives.
- Taking proactively corrective actions or identifying solutions to deliver on the defined scope is what drives you and what you ‘ve learned over the past years.
- You ensure timely and correct invoicing of the projects, ROI calculation on projects, etc.
“Skills & Competences” required:
- Understand the interim & staffing business, the project consulting business in high-tech or in ICT-space (minimum 3+ years of experience in developing business)
- Customer & result-driven as we are on a growth trajectory (e.g. working following structured methodology, CRM approach, etc.). Ready to be the key contact for R&D Directors, GM’s of startup’s, Software Managers, etc.
- Business acumen and strong communication skills, relationship building to understand the customer’s application, embedded architecture, etc.
- Negotiation skills seen the competitive marketplace (i.e. “war for talent”)
- Embedded C software engineering expertise
- Networking knowledge/experience (networking stacks, networking gear…)
- Good knowledge of the Linux kernel/OS and device drivers
- Knowledge of networking stacks and related management protocols (TCP/IP L2/L3, xDSL, OMCI)
- Able to work independently/autonomous problem solver and implementing features
- Nice to have: experience with openWrt development
- Nice to have: experience with hardware-software integration for ARM/MIPS/x86 SoC’s from Broadcom, MxL, Qualcomm, Mediatek
- Good interpersonal and communication skills / fluent and clear communication with third parties and vendors (both written and verbal