Experienced embedded software engineer (WiFi & Networking protocols)
Freelance – Leuven – onsite project
For one of our customers in the ‘Vlaams Brabant’ area area we are currently looking for a Freelance C++ & Linux engineer with ideally experience in networking protocols & wifi industry. This is a challenging software development project for longer period. You will integrate in a strong engineering tribe (software & hardware) in an international context…
Knowledge and experience
If you are an experienced C/C++ and Unix shell software developer, then it’s you we are looking for… Hence, we are searching for technical capabilities and deep expertise:
For this assignment we are looking for following tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing a uniform management middleware for multiple Wi-Fi vendor solutions
- Developing smart WiFi services, such as Client Steering and Channel Selection.
- Debugging customer WiFi issues across the entire stack.
- Generic Linux Networking
- Developing a management middleware taking into account the specific architectures of the SystemOnChip (hardware/software acceleration, PCI offload…)
- Developing a management middleware for multiple WAN technologies
- You have 4 years+ of experience in C software development, preferably in wireless networking or embedded systems.
- Programming languages: C/C++, Unix Shell Programming; other languages are a plus
- Embedded Linux and its tools
- Good understanding of networking protocols, network programming, client-server applications
- Experience with gateway software stacks such as OpenWRT or prpl software is a plus
Anotther important topic is your true passion for embedded solutions open-source software solutions. Moreover you have an open-minded and flexible personality with commitment to delivering quality work in this challenging context.
What we offer you
Depending on the level of seniority, the knowledge and experience required, includes:
- Interesting project: state-of-the-art networking & technology environment, fair day fee, etc.
- Fun: great technology, focus on embedded software environment, real team-spirit, growing young company, …
- Quality assurance: our Business manager is your key SPOC for project follow-up, alignment with the customer, your sounding board if needed, etc.
- Benefits package: interesting day fee, we interact in a transparent way with our embedded freelance community, etc.