NL/FR speaking Experienced Business Manager
Permanent Job – Leuven – Hybrid (in office & field sales)
You will integrate in an international, scale-up type of environment (50+ employees – based in Leuven). The good news is that we exist for 20+ years and are on a profitable growth track for the coming years.
Essensium nv is consisting of 2 autonomous divisions: EPS with focus on the Logistics segment (Essensium Positioning Solution for forklift safety) and MIND (project staffing & consulting in the open-source and embedded segment).
This role involves working closely together with the CEO to build a strong commercial approach for our staffing business in LINUX, Buildroot, Yocto, embedded architecture, etc.
We serve startup’s as well as leading enterprises such as Soft@Home, Barco, Televic, Deutsche Telekom, Kyrio, etc (more on www.mind.be )
We want to onboard a ‘sales professional’ with expertise in staffing (temp placements) and consulting in the high-tech sector. You are not afraid of customer acquisition and are ready to deepen our existing customer relationships as a ‘trusted advisor’.
- Sales – Business Development:
- You are, together with a colleague, in charge of developing our open-source and embedded business. You’ll present and position Mind with our clients/prospects, acting as their first line of contacts for interim project and consulting projects. So, lead generation of new assignments for our Mind experts.
- Primary focus is clearly on opportunity management/ creating leads/ sales / business development. Moreover, customer expansion at local and international level will also be on your agenda.
- Recruitment – Talent Management:
- Moreover, you are resp. for hiring new resources in close collaboration with our international recruiter. Assessment of talent in line with some of your possible assignments is what drives you… You are a matchmaker in that perspective!
- You’ll interview candidates to understand their OSS and embedded profiles in order to find their next interesting project in OSS community or embedded engineering segment.
- You’ll coach our consultants (employee or freelance) to prep them for a next customer interview and follow through on the hiring process.
- Project follow-up & quality assurance:
- You’ll be accountable for monitoring our Mind consultants through their project and ensure they deliver in a qualitative way on their objectives.
- Taking proactively corrective actions or identifying solutions to deliver on the defined scope is what drives you and what you ‘ve learned over the past years.
- You ensure timely and correct invoicing of the projects, ROI calculation on projects, etc.
“Skills & Competences” required:
- Understand the interim & staffing business, the project consulting business in high-tech or in ICT-space (minimum 3+ years of experience in developing business)
- Customer & result-driven as we are on a growth trajectory (e.g. working following structured methodology, CRM approach, etc.). Ready to be the key contact for R&D Directors, GM’s of startup’s, Software Managers, etc.
- Business acumen and strong communication skills, relationship building to understand the customer’s application, embedded architecture, etc.
- Negotiation skills seen the competitive marketplace (i.e. “war for talent”)
- Solid, 3+ years of experience as Account Manager in ICT or high-tech professional services sector (outsourcing & placement, staffing business…)
- Ready to work in ‘hybrid mode’, part in our Leuven office (rest is remote work or in the field with customers). Able to build our business internationally over coming years.
- NL/FR with good business English language skills
- Business maturity by working in a structured way with eye for detail (e.g. timesheet invoicing in coop w/ our Office Coordinator). Moreover, be flexible and ready to learn about this OSS segment or marketplace.