Mind is Essensium's embedded software division, which provides Consultancy and Services in the field of Linux and Open Source software for Embedded Systems. With its premises in Leuven, Belgium, Mind is one of the main players specialized in technical consulting, tool chains development, low-level and application development, training and support for Linux and Open Source software on the European market.
Due to the constant growth of the use of Linux and Open Source software in embedded systems, we are currently looking for several:
Linux and Open Source Embedded Software Developers
- Assist our customers with system level architecture studies (software architecture definition, choice of OS, HW/SW trade-offs, etc...).
- Port Linux to new platforms based on typical embedded processors (ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, x86, etc…).
- Set-up tool chains based on GNU.
- Work with our customers for designing, implementing and debugging of Embedded Software (Linux device drivers, BSPs, boot loaders, networking stacks, multimedia frameworks, application level software, etc…)
- Projects are performed both at the customer location and at Essensium’s premises.
Knowledge and experience:
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong skills in C/C++ software development.
- Understanding of the Linux kernel, compilation and debugging techniques (gcc, gdb) and related tool chains.
- Experience in running SW or Linux on embedded processors.
- Experience in other Embedded Operating Systems (Android, RTEMS, eCos, pSOS, VxWorks, QNX,..) is a plus.
- Experience in device drivers, networking stacks and multimedia frameworks is also a plus.
- Good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
Other important elements next to pure technical experience are a willingness to learn, be open and flexible, fit in the group (start-up spirit) and be service minded to our customers.
What we offer you:
- Fun: interesting projects, focus on Linux and Open Source, real team-spirit, growing young company, ...
- Learning: you will work on advanced high-tech projects with one of the most experienced Embedded Linux teams available
- Benefits package: good salary, laptop, extra-legal pension, extra legal holidays, ...
If you are interested please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this specific position.
Job Description [PDF]